portrait and wedding photographer

portrait and wedding photographer

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Lauren; portraits

 
I'm kind of weird when it comes to learning. I have to pick something up and just go for it. Youtube videos? I can't learn a thing from them. instruction manuals? they intimidate me. other photographers? well, yes. I can learn from them. but I don't always have one of my photographer friends handy.
 
when it came to taking pictures, I took my sister and what little knowledge I had about cameras and started experimenting. I was slow. I couldn't get the shots I wanted. I said things like "hang on, let me just try pressing this button" or "I just can't get this lighting right!" or "you stupid-head! no, not you Lauren, the camera." 
 
and she would stand there posing patiently, making me laugh, cheering me on. plus she always looks drop-dead-gorgeous, so that made even my worst shots look amazing.
 
she was and has been such a huge cheerleader to me.
and I realize not all sisters have the relationship that we do.
 
it's not at all perfect. but the thing is, even when we fight or disagree, we have to go back to being best friends. not just because we're sisters. not just because we know each other's secrets. ;) but because she understands me and I understand her better than we understand ourselves. because on my worst day, she can make me laugh til I cry. because when she's doing things like training at the fire-station or learning ballet or going to a trapeze class or working as a lifeguard or preparing to be a paramedic, I will gladly stand there with my jaw on the floor in pure amazement of her.
 
Lauren, you have a strong heart, but one that is also filled with compassion. one minute you can be demonstrating some "kick-butt" move you learned in self-defense class. the next you will be running out into the street and down the block to help some lost dog.
 
you have a way of reaching out to the friendless, and even though you could be the most popular person in the world, you choose not to hang out with the snobby crowd. I see the way you make everyone feel comfortable. how you don't suck up to people just to fit in. how everyone is drawn to you because you will accept and befriend them all. you have a gift when it comes to people and standing up for what's right. don't stop using that for His glory.
 
I love you!
 
 
 
 
 
 






1 comment: