portrait and wedding photographer

portrait and wedding photographer

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Lenna & Peter; Chapa Wedding

"I never thought that you would be the one to hold my heart,
But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start...
You put your arms around me and I'm home."
Christina Perri - Arms
 
When Lenna messaged me about shooting her wedding, my first (very professional) reaction was to jump up and down with happiness. "A wedding! She wants me to shoot her wedding! Me! How great! How fantastic! How fabulous! How... wait a minute... I've never shot a wedding before." My very-quick-to-follow reaction was "Does she know that? What if I can't do it? What if I sneeze and miss the most important shot of the day? What if she hates them all?" I quickly messaged her back and explained my lack of experience when it came to weddings. She didn't care! She liked my pictures! She still wanted me to do it! I grinned and promised I'd find some experience beforehand to help me prepare. Just a few days later, another friend, Kelle, asked me to help shoot her wedding along with one of my childhood friends, Landon. Plus, the lovely Kathryn Yen agreed to let me shadow her on one of her own upcoming weddings. Things were looking good.
 
The more I got to know Lenna through phone-talks & texts & our secret Pinterest board, the more excited I got. Not only is this girl beautiful, but she is so kind. And I couldn't wait to see her get married to the love of her life.
 
When the day of the wedding arrived, I found that I wasn't so very nervous after all. I was excited. The day was moderately warm for February, and the sun promised to give out as much beautiful light as it could muster.
 
On top of that, Kathryn was second shooting for me, and I just want to give her a shout out because she was amazing per usual. As a friend and helper. Several of the shots below were hers. :)
 
Oh and my husband, Christian, was there. He claims he was the "second-and-a-half shooter" and I accidentally called him my "husband-in-training." Really, he was there to get some practice, make me laugh, and look amazing. ^.^
 
As the three of us entered the church, the sky was warm and bright. And waiting inside, was another warm and bright human being. A girl who would put on a wedding dress and become a bride.
 









 
 If all future brides would have vintage perfume bottles and gorgeous bouquets, photographers would be very very happy indeed.
 



 








 
 
Lenna, you are just so gorgeous!
 



















(I love the shot below of yours, Kathryn!)
 

 







 




 










 
Hot cocoa break to warm up!
 



 
Kissing also helps you warm up I guess. ^.^




 


 
 
 
Grandfather hands & marriage certificates. The best.
 






You guys. You are perfect together.
 




 



 




 




Apparently, this baby and her adorable chubby cheeks were very popular. Even with my camera.
 









 
Lenna & Peter, thank you for setting an example of how young love can also be mature love. Many today will try to tell you that such a thing doesn't exist. But you two are a living example that it does.
 
I hope that you two experience the same sort of joy that you so obviously bring to those around you. That your lives are filled with love, grace, adventure, and Jesus.
 
Thank you for being kind. Thank you for trusting me with your day. Thank you for being gorgeous. ^.^
 
And God bless you both on this journey ahead.
 
"I've never truly loved til you put your arms around me...
and I'm home."
Christina Perri - Arms

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous photography, girl. I especially love the shot of the mothers arranging Lenna's veil, and the sparkler shots at the end. magical. :)

    ReplyDelete