portrait and wedding photographer

portrait and wedding photographer

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Michael & Stephanie; baby gender reveal

 
 
"and all I know is we said 'hello' and everything has changed..."
 
after Stephanie took my senior pictures a few years back, we went out to eat and chatted about boys. two boys in particular. one whom she had just found out was interested in her. one whom I had just found out was interested in me.
 
she told me how Michael had asked to get together with her sometime, and how she had assumed that this whole get together was just an "as friends" thing. so when she showed up to the restaurant and he started talking about his feelings for her and his goals for their relationship, she suddenly realized... this was a date!
 
we giggled excitedly in Chipotle as she told me everything that had happened, and then she told me in a half giddy/half anxious voice that she was going to the same conference he was sometime soon and she wasn't sure if she should sit with him and his family or not. I mean... would it be awkward?
 
"don't worry!" I said, "I'll rescue you if you need me to!"
 
and then I told her about this guy who had surprised me to death by telling me that he not only liked me, but that he loved me. my very own best friend whom I hadn't ever dreamed would love me! but would it all work out? I didn't know.
 
a few years later, we found ourselves in Lincoln Marsh.
 
me fiddling with my camera. Stephanie walking beside me.
 
that guy I had told her about helping me scout for good lighting, carrying bags, offering helpful opinions.
 
that guy she had told me about helping her along in any way he could.

both of them our husbands.
 
a few years can change a lot. and this day... oh this day. this day was the day Michael and Stephanie found out whether they were having a boy or a girl.
 
this day was the day I got to photograph the cutest reveal ever.
 
while Christian diligently hung lanterns of BOTH blue and pink, we took a few "about to find out what baby is" pictures...
 
 
 
 
 
then blindfolds went on...
 
 
 
and Christian cut all the pink lanterns and helped Michael dip his hands in paint... blue paint... (!)
 
 
and then their blindfolds were taken off... ONE, TWO...


THREE!
 
 
 

there was a lot of happy kissing. which is perfectly acceptable.
 
 
they had prepared two different canvases. one with an "it's a boy" marked out in tape. one with an "it's a girl". but obviously by this point, we knew we just needed the "it's a boy" one. so the two of them got to work painting it.




 
 
 
 





 
 

 
 
 
 



Michael & Stephanie, I can't wait to meet your little one!!


No comments:

Post a Comment